Nestled into a box canyon in Paradise Valley, Arizona, Ebony and Ivory is a marriage of a classic design aesthetic with modernist design principles.
The husband and wife were slightly divided regarding “style,” so the resulting design was truly a vow of collaboration. With primary goals to meet the needs of an active family with everyone working/schooling from home, this residence provides ample personal space as well as remarkable public space.
The owners’ love for food and wine and generous hospitality towards friends, family and business associates directed the design details of the public spaces. Providing comfort to guests along with amazing dinner party experiences, the owners desired a kitchen that showcased the chef but also provided ample prep space unseen yet nearby. The indoor/outdoor bar is the showpiece of the public space, providing a stunning setting to socialize and sip. A dreamy wine cellar and hidden wine vault provide protection and storage for a legendary wine collection.
The contrast of classic design aesthetic and modernist design principles continues throughout the residence with “opposites” attracting. Indoor and outdoor spaces are paired. Kitchen and entertaining spaces are paired. Highly contrasting colors (ebony and ivory) are paired.
Awards + Publications
- Room of the Year, Best in American Living Awards 2021
- Platinum/Room of the Year— BALA 2021
- Platinum Award, Best in American Living Awards 2021 – Outdoor Room
- Gold Award, Best in American Living Awards 2021 – Specialty Room
- Silver Award, The Nationals 2022 – Best Interiors of a Custom Home
- Silver Award, The Nationals 2022 – Best One-of-a-Kind Home–Custom or Spec
- Grand Award, Gold Nugget Awards 2021 – Best Interior Design of a Custom Home
- Grand Award, Gold Nugget Awards 2021 – Best Indoor/Outdoor Lifestyle for a Home
- Award of Merit, Gold Nugget Awards 2021 – Best Custom Home over 8,000 Sq Ft
- IconicLife.com – October 2021
- Luxe Interiors + Design – Jan/Feb 2022